Wednesday, October 21, 2020

my son died suddenly yesterday. "I hear no one like him All at once his dimmed note carried on rivering air sounds through me."

 

 


 



      Few could find him there

                        But that dark Fate

who has nothing to say for us

            suddenly all inspired

                        sings him into the storm 

of his uproarious world

            I hear no one like him

                        All at once

his dimmed note

            carried on rivering air

                        sounds through me.

                   

from the Sixth Elegy

Duino Elegies, Rilke 

translated by David Young                    

 

            

 

                                              

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine your pain and grief nor can I express my sadness for your loss. JoAnn C.

modgirl19 said...

Our hearts go out to you and the entire family during this time of sorrow and profound loss. Nancy Werge-Schwartz