Saturday, July 17, 2021

after

 

 

"somebody that I don’t know [...] is going to be sad..." 
Christian Liberté Boltanski Sept. 6, 1944 - July 14, 2021
It’s about the ghosts that are linked to us...
"A very horrible yet interesting thing has occurred since Covid is here, which is, that death is no longer hidden. Death used to be completely denied by us, and nowadays, because of this disease, we are talking about death as something that is around us and that is present."
"Someone once explained to me that in Shinto shrines, in sanctuaries, there are a series of passages from one room to another, and in the last room there is a mirror, which means, that in the end, what do we see? We only see ourselves."
"I hope that when I shall be dead, somebody that I don’t know in Australia is going to be sad for two minutes,” he said. “It would be something marvelous because it means you’ve touched people you’ve never seen, and that is something incredible."

No comments: