Tuesday, July 26, 2016

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE.....

Missing her already...

Reposted from Cup of Jo: 

Michelle Obama brought down the house with her speech last night at the Democratic National Convention. Twelve hours later, it’s still giving us goosebumps. Did you watch? What an inspiration to hear the first lady speak eloquently, strongly and, most of all, optimistically, about our country and the presidency. Here are a few memorable quotes: 

“When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ ”
“I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves. And I watch my daughters, two beautiful, intelligent, black young women, playing with their dogs on the White House lawn. And because of Hillary Clinton, my daughters and all our sons and daughters now take for granted that a woman can be president of the United States.”
“When you have the nuclear codes at you fingertips and military at your command, you can’t make snap decisions. You can’t have thin skin or a tendency to lash out. You need to be steady and well-informed. I want a president with a record of public service, someone whose life work shows our children we don’t chase fame and fortune for ourselves.”
“In this election, we cannot sit back and hope that everything works out for the best. We cannot afford to be tired or frustrated or cynical. No, hear me. Between now and November, we need to do what we did eight years ago and four years ago. We need to knock on every door, we need to get out every vote, we need to pour every last ounce of our passion and our strength and our love for this country into electing Hillary Clinton as president of the United States of America!”

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I miss her already, too. And her husband, my favorite President.

Been a long time since I was here, even longer since I posted at my blog. I always find solace and inspiration in your space. ♥